Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My head says No! My heart says GO!



My brother and his wife are killing me!

Just joking.  But they keep talking to me on the phone and Skype late at night and I'm not getting to sleep.  We're having too much fun talking. Last night I didn't get to sleep til 1:30 a.m. then had to get up early as I have company and had to go clean a house by myself. See, they're leaving soon to go be missionaries so we feel like we have to talk a lot before we can't talk at all. Plus life is pretty crazy for them right now so there's a lot to talk about.
Problem is, is that when I'm tired like this "me eye" hurts.  ( I write this with my Popeye voice) 

Now I have a decision to make,  do I drive down this weekend to M.O. for their massive going away party or do I stay with my plans to go the state fair with my 3 friends and see one of my favorites, Brandi Carlile? Every year we go to a concert at the fair. Last year we went to Jackson Browne at the State Fair and that's when my whole eye blog really began as I remember Mayo trying to get me on the schedule but I said no the first time because I had this concert I was going to.

My head says no, my heart says go.  We all know what the bible says, "The heart is treacherous who can know it?' jere 10:23?

My head says I'll be too exhausted and my whole body is going to pay for this if I go. Plus it will cost me more $$ if I go.And I'll have to miss Nancy's big  oncology appointment Monday.  But my heart says, they're leaving and I don't want to regret not going.  Plus when I typed out a message telling them what my dilemma was,  Jason was like, "yes! Come!"  UGH.  It's not that easy.  But I feel like I'm loosing my twin forever, the only person in the whole world who really gets me.  

It doesn't help I am surrounded by cerebral people.  I don't want regrets people!  What is the right thing to do? I want to do both.  Maybe I'll have to get skype on my phone so I can see them all that day at their party.
(Oh, and on a side note unrelated. this morning I had this strange hot burning chest pain for about 45 sec. in a small spot when I rolled over in bed.  I wanted to write it down so that I could come back and pin point this day if I needed too. my aunt has a similar pain years back and that's when the cords around her mitral valve 'broke')

No comments: