Sunday, August 8, 2010

Time to heal

It's been a good long weekend. We went to our convention in Rochester.  My eye behaved. My left side head ache was better but the actual spot where the occipital bone meets the neck smarts like you know what.
I can't believe how long it took me to recover from this surgery. Not just physical pain but I think I learned more about myself mentally this time than physically.  I know that sounds strange but It took me this what 8 or 9 months to untangle from the past 10 years of eye trauma.  Which I didn't even know what trauma til this year.
At the time of the writing of this post I am more than extremely tired and have a week ahead of me unlike most.  But The past month or so I've been thinking how I've come to peace with Egbert and the past - I'm not as worried about the future of my eyes and if they'll need surgery. I just so clearly remember the day after surgery telling Holmes, " Yea, we're going to try to do this in a week because I have things to do, like take care of my friend with pancreatic cancer,"  HA!  9 mo. later!  I'm still 'healing' And still taking care of my friend, who by the way is entering what I call the tail spill.  Let's just see how well the pain stays away with the amount of fatique I think we're about to experience seeing Nancy through to the end.
For now though I see the light at the end of the eye tunnel. And the light is not a train.  Maybe I'll still have my pain episodes but whatever, I can deal with that.

No comments: