Monday, August 16, 2010

"Keep your eye Simple"

 “The lamp of the body is the eye. If, then, your eye is simple, your whole body will be bright;"
(Matthew 6:22)
This was the theme scripture yesterday at the Kingdom Hall.  Of course the scripture is figurative and talking about keeping a simple life and how much happier your life will be.  The speaker compared this to the literal eye and how if things are not in focus you get headaches from eyestrain etc. etc.  But I thought this scripture summed up how I feel about my eyes.  Now they are "simple" or focused and my whole outlook feels "bright".

There is a lot of scriptures about Jesus healing the blind.  On one occasion he healed a man blind from birth, and told him to tell no one.  Well the man was so grateful he didn't care and told everyone even though it meant he'd be removed from the synagogue. He couldn't deny what miracle had happened and was so grateful to have his vision back he wanted to tell everyone about Jesus.  That's how I feel esp eariler. I'm so grateful I can't keep quite.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have learned so much truth from studying with the Witnesses and being taught by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. Thank you for sharing. - SLL