Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Great Dream

I awoke at 5:30 this morning with a huge smile.  HUGE.  For some reason, I was having this very intense dream that  Jim, Dr. H some other Dr. (who I've never seen in real life), a nine yr old boy (who I've never seen in real life) and my self went to see Dr. Egghead.
There he was sitting across from us and I was sitting all slid down in my chair wondering 'WHAT AM I DOING HERE?"  what do you want me to say?  I have nothing to say to him.
Egghead was being nice and sweet to the 9 yr old boy and then he made a sarcastic remark to Jim about his jeans. In my dream, Jim had these awful ripped up jeans on!  And I was so embarrassed by that.  But anyway...
So there we were, There was an uncomfortable pause,  Dr. H finally spoke up because I wasn't!  He was quite stern and started in on Egghead.  Then all of the sudden I grew a back bone and started in and Dr. H sat back and let me speak my mind. I was controlled, mind you.  Asking questions, rhetorical questions.  The part I remember clearly was when I emphatically stated, "I don't care how stinking good you think you are at your job, you can always learn more! Always!  You are never done learning!"  then I grabbed his pudgy little chin and kinda shook it and said, "I'm just so glad I had Holmes to clean up after your mess!!"  
And that's when I woke up.  Smiling.  This was a nice change from all the dreams I had waking up crying and mad.  Now I woke up smiling and happy.  It only took me a year. :)

No comments: