Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Pain Changes Things

As my young friend Nathan once said, 'I'm a man, meant for pain!"
Pain changes everything. Last week and the three before that I was on cloud 10 floating around like nothing could burst my bubble. I knew I wouldn't always feel that way just didn't know it would end so abruptly. I'm not saying that great feeling won't come back, but what a bummer. They are treating me for a displaced sacroiliac joint. The Pain is unbelievable. I'll take eye pain any day over this. I have to just focus as I go through the day and just breathe and get through whatever task is at hand and deal with the pain. I'm taking Dilaudid which I thought would knock you on you butt, however, it doesn't. It just barely takes some of the severe pain away. Which I'm grateful it does that. I'm glad I can still drive and go to work and take a pain med stronger than Ibuprofen. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. Which come to think of I can't think of who my worst enemy would be anyway. So that's something to be grateful for. :)

1 comment:

Ila said...

I had that SI joint diagnosed several blogs ago.