Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Pain progress

I think I'll blog to see how the pain reduces. - try to track it so I can see the progress. I keep thinking the pain will magically disappear but it doesn't. I know it will probably slowly fade until one day it dawns on me that I haven't felt it for a while.

Yesterday I had a big day at work - pretty much the entire 7 hours I worked looking through the diopter. I had three teens in a row with 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade acne. Each requiring extractions, which has caused me sharp pain in my eye. Then I did some waxing and other extractions. I didn't have any real pain. So I was pretty excited thinking I was out of the woods. Silly me. By bed time I was feeling my eye. I actually hurt when I go to shut my eyes to sleep. Hurt is not the same as Pain. Hurt is stronger than feel. So my eyes hurt. Then today I woke up and yes, it was sore kinda achy. Took two tylenol. and Nope, not going to phase it today. So then later on this afternoon I took three ibuprofen and it did go away for a couple hours but now it's coming back. Little frustrated as this means that I still have to be aware of not looking down too much. And I have a full day tomorrow just like Tuesday then Friday I have my 10 hour day. I did manage to block out two hours for a nap ( like I can really sleep at work ) on Fridays for the next 6 wks. So it's really an 8 hour day. And then Saturday - UGH. I kind of dread how my eyes will do come Saturday night.

I don't know if I was just tired today or it was the pain but my eye was definitely not happy. It didn't want to work to its full potential. Probably because it did so much yesterday. My non operated eye was fine - no real pain, and no 'finger trick' needed. I love my friends but often they have to comment on what they think my eye is doing. Green - Green is a comment I get alot. My eye looks 'bruised'. Love that comment -not. Then they always point out that my lid is 'droopy' Droopy is a lovely word isn't it? I hate on days when I feel really great they'll say my eye looks sore or droopy. Like the day I told 'JR' I am so happy I have to pinch myself and she said, "that's Great, even though you still have problems!" What? What problems is she referring too? So anyway, I love my friends but I wish I could sometimes put my eye 'issues' back in it's box where they lived for so long.

No comments: