Friday, January 1, 2010

Just walking around Grateful

While I'm writing this post I, of course, am listening to music. Shocking, I know. I'm listening to Elton's "Mona Lisa's and Mad Hatters" Probably my all time Favorite Elton John song.
I tell ya, I am just so happy lately I have to pinch myself. I just can't believe something this good could happen to me. Having my vision and my head not tilted is like a new lease on life. I wish everyone could feel this. It sounds crazy but I am grateful for my health issues as they have taught me lessons that I would not have learned otherwise. Seriously, I was happy before my eyes were fixed, I didn't think I needed a miracle. But I got one. It's not everyday you get a gift like this. I do worry that I will loose it and my vision will slip back towards the way it was. But I just can't imagine it ever being that bad again. And if it does slip, well, I'll deal with it.
Yesterday was just a fantastic day. I had this day at work that was amazing! I was "on". I had two new clients which always gives me a charge. The last woman was new to me but we instantly hit it off. I stayed an extra hour for her but could tell she needed it and would appreciate it. I had as nice a time as she did! Some people you just wonder if you were meant to meet. She was one. Then she proceeds to go to the owner of the salon and right infront of me go on and on about her little experience with me. I was a little red but I have to say - That made my day. I think to myself, What is it with my clients lately? They are just saying things to me that make you want to cry. But then I realize, I think my attitude of gratitude is probably what they are picking up on and reflecting it back to me.
After work I went to the meeting at the Kingdom Hall and it was great and everyone wanted to just stay an visit, no one felt like going home.
Then at 10:30 p.m. we went over to our good friends/neighbors and had martini's and talked smart til way to0 late. Again, as we are all sitting there and I'm just listening to everyone talking I realize again, I'm just so grateful. All of this and great friends? I want to feel like this everyday forever. Is that so wrong? And no, I did not have a Vodka Tonic before writing this. :)

No comments: