Friday, January 22, 2010

The pendulum swings

The crushing back pain has shifted. I knew today that it was going to be better. When my feet hit the ground the pain was different. About a 5 on the pain scale.

It's all about controlling your thinking. So I've been trying to do that. Extreme pain can drive you nuts! You actually loose your perspective on reality a little. So I've been working on controlling my thinking. Not letting myself get ahead of myself with all the worst case scenarios. I also forgot to listen to music for a week. So I started doing that. Then I decided to distract myself and get a "project" So to my pleasant surprise, I was able to start my ASL classes on line Wednesday night. That was fun and I got to focus on something besides my pain issues.

Then today, my first client. What a great person! Again, I love my job. I just realized all over again that we each have our own burdens we carry. Some it's physical. Some it's relationship problems. Some it's both. Then you watch what's happening in Haiti.
Yesterday when I was in 12 different kinds of pain, I didn't know if I should grab my back side or grab my eye. It's actually quite funny. Anyway, I was at my podiatrist waiting for an HOUR! Getting irritated waiting I started looking through every Newsweek magazine in the office - I looked through all the photos of Haiti. I can't imagine the pain and suffering. At least I can go to a Doctor and get some pain meds. I can go back to my delicious sleep number bed and rest. I can't imagine some of these people lost their homes, Could be dealing with crushed bones waiting for relief then possibly having lost family members, all at the same time. Wow. Now my pain doesn't seem so bad.

No comments: