Wednesday, April 21, 2010

6 Months Gone

Yesterday Kari and I went down to Rochester for my 6 mo. check up.  It went good.  I was very stressed in anticipation of what the doctor would say happened when he spoke with Dr. Egghead.  All of that stress is for naught as Egghead didn't go to the conference so my dr. wasn't able to speak to him.  Maybe in October.  Which is fine.  It will give me more time to chill.
My eyes are doing just fine.  My rt eye is still hypertropic which I knew but I'm glad he saw it instead of me pointing it out.  Then tonight at the Kingdom Hall all my friends were asking me how it went, when I mentioned my rt eye is still higher they told me they already noticed that.  AWK!  I thought it was my little secret.  But that's okay. I don't see double and that's what matters. Oh and of course my head is straight!  I love it.
I laughed at that silly camera he always pulls out.  I just picture myself in the medical dictionary, you know the one that you just page through and cringe with horror.  Only most of those the persons eyes are blocked out.  Only with EYE surgery there's no blocking out of eyes.  :)
Kari and I laughed all the way home about when Holmes said EVERYONE  has to get reading glasses after age 40!  HA!  I am 36.  I do not want to think about my 40's thank you.   But Kari and I have been together since we were toddlers so we have been aging together.  We recalled the time we were in 9th grade in the lunch room lamenting that we would never get to be seniors.  Well that was a few years back. 
I told them about the 3D movies.  They did say that I wouldn't have been able to see it before surgery. So that was cool.  I thought the technology was so great anyone could see that.  But they said no.  So That makes my 3D movie experiment that much more exciting.  
Today my eye hurt for most of the day.  I'm just too tired this week.  The doctor mentioned he could inject something into it if he needed.  I'd rather eat shards of glass!  I have a fear of needles in my eyes thanks to Egghead.
So all in all.  It was just fine. No need to stress the way I did.  Those 3 people at Mayo are so nice to me I wish I could do something wonderful for each of them. Ginny, Sarah and Dr. Holmes.  God Bless them all.


No comments: