Friday, April 30, 2010

Doctor C. and my fellow "freaks of nature"

My local eye doctor came into the salon today and while her hair processes I've been known to chat with her.
 ( she said she doesnt' mind) Turns out her sister lives across the street from me.Such a small world. I told her about my recent pain development.  She found it interesting and puzzling. I told her she should be so glad she didn't do surgery on me as I think I've turned into, "that patient", meaning I think they find me high maintenance.  I don't want to be high maintenance. But I know I kind of am.  I don't want to be. Trust me! I'd like to just be fine and go away too!
I read an article on Shingles and ran that by her.  She lit up with that comment saying that could actually make sense.  A year and half ago I had shingles on the right side of my mid torso. It's possible that this nerve pain could be related to shingles.  She also explained a couple other things to me and repeated the fact, a couple of times that I don't follow the 'rules'.  She doesn't know I call myself the 'freak of nature.'
Pain was around 1 to 2 with little surges of pain that don't develop.  Just used ibup. no tramadol tonight.

No comments: