Monday, February 15, 2010

I'd like to thank...

I don't know why but I'm thinking lately of all the People especially Good Doctors that have helped me over the years.
Dr. Jonathan Holmes This blog of course stemmed from the experience I had with Dr. Holmes,  I've been very grateful for his skills and kindness. This poor man ,has tolerated SO MUCH from me, phone calls, emails, silly gifts, basically I was on a rollercoaster of emotions as you can read and drug him along,  but he is always gracious and acts like his same professional self. No matter what I throw at him, I can set my watch by how he'll react.  Steady as rain.  I appreciate it.  I've learned a lot about professionalism from him. But,  in all fairness, there are several others who have helped me tremendously also.
Dr. Beth Donnelly, my G.P. with out her trusting me we wouldn't have found my heart problem until I would have had a stroke.  She also played a vital role in helping me after heart surgery.  It's such a blessing to have a good GP in network that you trust.  At times, she takes a back seat then rises at other times.
Dr. Demetre Nicolof   who fixed my heart.  I'm grateful he spent his life perfecting his trade, pioneering bloodless heart surgery. I got to use my best line ever on him, in the ICU I mustered up the strength to say,    " Doc, you really touched my heart."  But I was too weak and I don't think he really got the joke.
Dr. Anne Dunnigan who was and is my cardiologist, I trust her completely. This woman has put up with me and my incessant questions and annoying way of looking at her when I don't 'get it'. Two different times, once with open heart surgery in 2001 and now in 2011 with my recent ablation. I will be lost when she retires.  No one talks as straight as Dr. Dunnigan. Who else at her level in her career would say "oh, you can call me Ann"  no I can't, it's disrespectful. Yet, she was humble enough to ask Dr. Milstein to do my ablation.
Dr. Simon Milstein - latest addition ( 4/22/11) a Brilliant man from Uruguay South America.  He apparently  has a gift for curing Idiopathic Fascicular Ventricular tachycardia. and he was right here in my small town. Second person to fix my heart. Gracious and respectful about my request to not use blood.  I appreciated that more than he'll ever know.  He made me laugh even though drugs prevented me from audibly laughing. I suppose I should thank the heart surgeon on stand by the day of my ablation.  Sorry I wasted your time Dr. Pineada. But so glad that because of Dr. Milstein, I didn't need you. I made a video of course.
Dr. B. Gerdes for being honest wtih me and helping me get off the meds that were killing me for 3.5 years.
Jeff - at the St. CLoud hospital. This guy is worth his weight in GOLD.
Dr. Mark Halstrom gets honorable mention as I know I can count on him. He's a kind person and a advocate for his patients.  I appreciate that when I am at my worst I can drag my carcus into his office and I don't have to say anything he just 'knows' what to do with me but more importantly, I don't have to explain everything.
Dr. Vornbrock  (previously) and  Venables D.C. (currently)  Keep me going and are my first line of defense.
Jeremy Olson as he also pieces me back together when I am at my worst, making house calls.
Dr. Nancy Holden. GOD BLESS THIS WOMAN. She has been a LIFE saver and helps me keep my head on straight.
Dr. Stephen Lore  He was my podiatrist since I was 3.  I had him for 33 years.  I was one of his first patients - he was old school. No frills and very entertaining - I miss him.

I may add more later if I think of them.  I know it sounds like I'm a mess but this has been over the last 36 years really.  So they add up.

No comments: