Friday, May 7, 2010

A blessing

I was just thinking again what a blessing my new eyesight is.  I was simply looking out my window at the peak of the neighbors house where a little bird was tweeting in the rain.  And couldn't help but realize again how I can't believe my double vision is gone.  Never in my wildest dreams did I think I wouldn't have that. It's a little lonely not being able to share this experience with someone.  It's like seeing a beautiful sunset day after day that causes you to be in awe but when you try to explain what you see, no one can comprehend what you are talking about.  Like they just can't see the colors and how beautiful it is. 
Seeing double all my life than not seeing double AT ALL.  Is just beautiful.  I can separate pain from success. I have pain yes, but I have success too. Today I'm focusing on the success of it all.
I've wanted lots of things but I really only absolutely needed one thing from God, and I got that 5 years ago.   Then I got a second surprise this last summer , I lost 26 lbs, which was great.  But then this surgery.  Never did I imagine my eyes fixed.  I know I've said that before many times. But I'm still amazed. I didn't even know I needed this, this badly.  I didn't realize that my eyes were kinda  miserable.  I consider it a blessing from God that I took one little step and within a short time I was matched up with the people that could fix it.  It's the coolest thing!
So even on a rainy, cold day where snow is in the forecast!  I'm so happy and feel very grateful for my eyes. ( and my straight neck!)

No comments: