Saturday, March 27, 2010

"Greta in Wonderland"

I did the $11.75 eye test.  I went to see 'Alice in Wonderland' - just got home.  It was so much fun.
I had been reading about 3D movies, and got to thinking of when I was kid around 10 and Kari and I went to see some 3D movie.  I didn't remember anything but red and blue (the glasses) and the I remember the song during the credits was by Louis Armstrong ( I think that's his name) the song was 'It's a wonderful world'
So I went to 'see' if I could see the 3D after my surgery.   It was so fun. So fun.  Now, could I see it because of my surgery? Or because technology has come so far, I don't know.  But whatever the reason I saw it this time and not years ago,  it was fun.  I smiled as big as the Cheshire cat in the film the entire movie.  Appreciating my sight.  Eyes and the ability to see such vivid pictures and colors all in single vision is a gift, a blessing and I sort of wish that everyone could acutely appreciate their vision the way I do mine. It's a great way to walk around feeling this keenly aware.  Little intense at times, but still a good way to 'see' things.  You know your health problems can be one of your biggest blessings.  They can help you really live, consciously.
Now I'm going to bring my 3D glasses to Ginny and see if I can see the Ran Dot tests with them.  Exciting huh?  Just for the sake of documenting how my eyes were, I could feel them working. It was uncomfortable at first like the first 20 min. or so then I got used to it.  I did find my self holding my head funny.  But even when I tilted to the right I could still see good. My surgical eye does smart right now - superior oblique. It was worth it! That's all.

No comments: