Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Vision Vs. Hearing

Which sense would you be willing to give up if you had to? Every once in  a while you have these dumb discussions with people.  Like you'd want to give up any senses. If you had to choose between vision and hearing, which one would it be?  I would always choose vision.  I would miss it but not as much as hearing.  This is written right after coming home from a John Mayer concert.  But I can't live without music.  I would be trapped in my own head with only my own thoughts if I had no hearing.  Eyes.  They're overrated. :)  But then I wonder if you polled all people with strabismus or some other frustrating eye problem I'd almost venture to guess they'd all agree with me.  Hearing first , vision second.  What do would you say? Vision or hearing?

I think this young man would agree with me..  Derek Paravicini
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6289316n
"In the Key Of Genius"

4 comments:

Matthew said...

Hearing.
I don't listen to music often, and most of my communication at work is done via email or text messages.
I would however, miss hearing Kari's voice. But not nearly as much as I would miss seeing her.

Cheryl Aversano said...

Hearing.
You can communicate and lead a normal life without hearing, hard to do that without your sight.

Greta G Weisman said...

Matt - you didn't really answer.
Cheryl - good answer as your husband is fluent in ASL.
that being said. I'd still die with out music. So best not to loose either.
Thanks for playing! I love hearing people's thoughts.

Lisa said...

I would choose to keep my sight. I'm more of an observer than a communicator. So the adjustment would be easier.