Friday, October 15, 2010

My evil plan

So I go back for my one year check up Nov. 17th. I panicked about this most of September as  my eyes were really bad! Tilting and double vision.  Turns out it was not that big of a deal as I was treating my back with muscle relaxers. And crazy thing, it was relaxing all my muscles, including my 11 eye muscles. ( Yes, I said 11)
  However, for some unknown reason I do dread going to the eye dr. even though he has been nothing but perfectly nice and tolerant of me, my emails, my stupid humor and silly gifts.  I just hate going to the eye dr. I'd rather go to the dentist or worse, the Gyno!  I hate the camera that takes my photos.  I feel like a freak a zoid in my Mosby's medical dictionary. Only your eyes don't get blocked out to protect your identity.  I keep telling myself it's not a big deal. And I do feel better about it now that I know that muscle relaxers were to blame.
The local eye dr. who referred me to Mayo comes into my place of work.  Lately She's been each week for 3 weeks.  She is so nice to everyone and so congenial to me and always asks questions, very specific questions about my eyes and my facial pain.  I'm trying to convince her to come with me to Mayo. I know there is about 33% of her that really would love to go and meet Holmes.  I know her enough to know this. ( esp. after she told me Ginny no longer works there.  I'm bummed Ginny and Sarah won't be there.)  If she comes, she and Holmes can get in a Juicy conversation and they'll forget I'm there and I can slip out. They won't even notice. That's my plan anyway. :)

10/16/10 - Saturday evening -  I was laying down for a bit this afternoon and thinking. -  Thinking I am grateful today.  No eye/ face pain to day.  Life is much nicer with no face pains. Now if I could just get my back to cooperate.  Hmmmmm....

No comments: