Monday, October 18, 2010

New things I'm learning

Well, today I did a rather scary thing after 4, or technically, 5 eye surgeries for strabismus, and 3 adjustable suturing's.  I went and got training on doing something for my job, called 'eye lash extensions'. It's very tedious work, VERY!  Frankly, I have no interest in longer lashes for myself, but the rest of the world doesn't feel this way.  It's all the rage in vanity land.  I was worried about if I could 'eye' up these little lashes and then be able to slide them on to someone real lashes.  Only after you drug it through black super glue and have isolated one lash at a time.  Then you coat the isolated lash with the super glue and then attach the false lash.
Plus you really do well to where an opti visor.  Which is so attractive, I might add.  I'll post a photo. It's pretty funny.  I was worried about depth perception because I already have some trouble with tweezing at work. I always think the hair is closer to me. It is a little tricky but I think it went pretty good. With minimal swearing :)
My rt eye does ache right now but that could be from my nerve issue,  I got a few good stabs even before we started so I don't know if the aches I feel are from looking down thru a diopter or just my normal pains.
Anyway, it was fun to try something new.

No comments: